AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing a new video card

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dmzuber
626 Views, 7 Replies

Choosing a new video card

Has anyone tried the new NVIDIA K2000 or K4000 video cards? I am in the market for an upgrade to my NVIDIA FX1800 and can't find much information about the K series. I am also considering a Quadro 2000 or Quadro 4000. All of these video cards are listed as certified on Autodesk's recommended hardware page.

I am running AutoCAD Architecture 2014 on Win 7, 64-bit OS. I also plan to use Revit in the future... but I've been saying that for years.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: dmzuber

What are the rest of the PC specs? Win7 is not enough.
Message 3 of 8
dmzuber
in reply to: pendean

Custom built tower with Intel Core i7-4820K processor, Asus P9x79 Pro motherboard, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD.

What else would be helpful to know?

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Good to know you are not seeking a new vid card simply to waste it on a low end PC. Another question, forgive me: why do you think you need an upgrade? Is there a particular problem you wish to solve?
Message 5 of 8
dmzuber

Hi Dean, my FX1800 is 2.5 years old and is apparently failing. I get artifacts frequently, and I see a sort of a ripple as I scroll down in Firefox, for example. I'm trying to decide between the Quadro and the K series, also between the 2000 & the 4000. Of course I want the best card for the money. Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
dmzuber

My Autodesk reseller thinks I should stick with the known quantity, the Quadro 4000. The guy who built my computer thinks I should at least consider the K series,as they are the newer option. He can't find much on the NVIDIA website about the K series, though.
Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

did they see this page:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-desktop-gpus.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
dmzuber
in reply to: DarrenP

DarrenP, I don't know if my computer guy saw that page. I will forward it to him. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost