AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Orientation of imported 3D inventor object into plane or section?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cahoe
3140 Views, 3 Replies

Change Orientation of imported 3D inventor object into plane or section?

I'll give it a shot over here as well...

The thing is.. I like to attach a .aim or import a inventor DWG into a section and a plan in autocad.

But how do I select the right orientation on import? The default Inventor view is a sideview and won't work on a plan.

Right now it seems like I either have to go into 3D model view and rotate the object or have to change the orientation Inventor for plan and then reorientate it for section...

Isn't that a little odd?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: cahoe

I believe that in Inventor, the Y-axis is vertical, whereas in AutoCAD Architecture, the Z-axis is vertical.  That requires some means of adjusting to align the appropriate axes.  It would be nice if it were automatic.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
cahoe
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Im pulling my hair out here... How come this fundamental difference between 2 native autodesk app still exist? With no import possibillity to correct it?
Message 4 of 4
cahoe
in reply to: cahoe

Well I figured out how to unground my main part and constraint it to the correct origin plane by turn on visibillity on the assembly originplanes..

But still it have the feel of a workaround_

Thanks tho!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost