AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Multiple xrefs to overlay from Attach

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1865 Views, 6 Replies

Change Multiple xrefs to overlay from Attach

I need to change xrefs in multiple drawings from attached to overlay, I don't think reference manager can do this, just shy of creating a lisp, can anyone think of a way to do this? (or is you have something already scripted out to do this?)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't been able to change the xref's through the reference manager. However, you can through the old xref command, by typing in classicxref (not sure what/if there is a toolbar command for this). Upon opening this commend, you can double click on the type, for the reference name listed and this will toggle between overlay and attach. Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:00:35 +0000, aburgner <> wrote:

>I haven't been able to change the xref's through the reference manager. However, you can through the old xref command, by typing in classicxref (not sure what/if there is a toolbar command for this). Upon opening this commend, you can double click on the type, for the reference name listed and this will toggle between overlay and attach. Hope this helps.

With the new <*cough*>IMPROVED Xref Manager palette, you can toggle
between Overlay and Attach by double-clicking on the Type entry in the Details
pane.

Matt
mstachoni@verizon.net
mstachoni@bhhtait.com
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Ah yes... I forgot you could change this in the xref manager. It was changing something to a relative path that we were having problems with in the improved xref manager.

I still miss the glue command that they removed after R14...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I know how to do it for "1" drawing, but I was hoping for multiple at once for the same xref. We are talking about 100 drawings here.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:14:34 +0000, aburgner <> wrote:

>I still miss the glue command that they removed after R14...

Have you checked out the "Join" command?

Matt
mstachoni@verizon.net
mstachoni@bhhtait.com
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Did you figure out an easy way to do this? I also have many dwgs I want to change at once...without having to open them all up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost