AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceramic Tile Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IlIOsirisIlI
1015 Views, 2 Replies

Ceramic Tile Help

I work for a Ceramic tile contractor I have had little training on cad. I am being forced to make some shop drawings for a project showing how tile will lay out exactly in a restroom walls and floors.  Can anyone direct me to a video or guide to show how to use cad for tile installation layout.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KathyMoffa
in reply to: IlIOsirisIlI

Are you using AutoCAD Architecture, and if so, what version?   If you have no need for a 3D presentation that shows the actual tile being used, and are strictly looking for a layout for the pattern, the easiest way I know is to draw separate polyline outlines of your floor and wall, using the exact dimensions, then use the Hatch command to fill in the areas with a tile pattern.   The hatch command is found in ACA by entering Hatch from the command line and on the Home/Draw tab on the ribbon.

Message 3 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: IlIOsirisIlI

Watch the vieos from the help menu within AutoCAD (Press F1). Go through some of the tutorials that come with it. Check out YouTube - there are a lot of videos on AutoCAD. You could also check out various books for learning AutoCAD on your own.

Here are some good websites that have tutorials/vidoes to check out:  

Cad Tutor

CAD Corner

Draftsperson

JTB World

Good luck ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost