AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling grid in Model View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
210 Views, 2 Replies

Ceiling grid in Model View

In ACA 2008 is there a way to make the ceiling grid appear solid in model view? I've been scratching my head about this for a while, and I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone knows a trick. Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Ceiling grids are, in essence, layout grids. There are but four components - Node, Cell, X Axis and Y Axis. The Cell component only provides a way to anchor to the center of a cell, not as a "fill" that could have a material attached. In fact, you can not attach a material definition to any of the components of a ceiling grid.

You could create a "ceiling tile" out of a mass element, apply a material definition to that, anchor the tile to the grid (if you use a cell anchor, the "tile" can be made to scale to fill the cell automatically) and use that to make the grid appear solid. Or you could just use a slab/mass element or other AEC object to cover the whole ceiling with one object.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost