AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see icons in Build Panel and tool Palette Design

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Richard.Vivanco
1455 Views, 5 Replies

Cant see icons in Build Panel and tool Palette Design

Hi

In AA 2015 i cant see the icons in Build Panel.  Appears an ? iccon in Wall, Door, Window etc 

Other issue is in Design Tool Palette.  the icons and letters are too big.  How can i minimize the size of the icon and letters?

Thanks

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you using the out-of-the-box ACA.cuix as your main customization file?  Any chance you are using a renamed copy of that file?  Or have your own custom file into which you transferred the Ribbons from the out-of-the-box ACA.cuix file?

As for the tool palettes, right click on a palette and choose View Options.  In the View Options dialog, you can control how tools display, including the icon's image size and whether or not the tool displays as icon only, icon with text or list view.  The settings can be applied to just the current palette, or to all palettes.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
arkitek2s
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

I copied the aca.cuix file and renamed it into a folder on the server to be used as the enterprise cuix.  also created a blank user.cuix as the main customiziation file.  similar to Richard, some of the icons are missing from the enterprise cuix.

Message 4 of 6

Hi.

Yes im using ACA.cuix files in my configuration. I dont change anything, the configuration is the original that comes with the instalation.

About the size of text and icons in the design palettes,  i solve this problem changing my screen resolution.

Cheers

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: arkitek2s

@arkitek2s wrote:

David,

I copied the aca.cuix file and renamed it into a folder on the server to be used as the enterprise cuix.  also created a blank user.cuix as the main customiziation file.  similar to Richard, some of the icons are missing from the enterprise cuix.

You will need to find the ACA.dll file, copy it and rename it to match the name you used for your renamed CUIX file.  (For example, if you renamed ACA.cuix to MyMenu.cuix, then you would need to rename a copy of the ACA.dll file to MyMenu.dll.)  You can read about where I found the DLL file for the 2014 Building Design Suite Premium in this blog article, if interested.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6

@Richard.Vivanco wrote:

Yes im using ACA.cuix files in my configuration. I dont change anything, the configuration is the original that comes with the instalation.

Cheers

For some reason, ACA is not finding the ACA.dll file, which contains the ribbon tool images.  Try looking in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\ACA for ACA.dll.  (If you do not have the suite version, the folder names under C:\Program Files\Autodesk may vary - you could always do a Windows Explorer search for ACA.dll from the Autodesk folder.)

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost