AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't autoproject wall to roof

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
archie456
338 Views, 2 Replies

Can't autoproject wall to roof

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a roof level plan which has several walls in the roof void which run up to the roof.

I the end walls I can autoproject to meet the roofline, but the two long wall don't seem to want to autoproject.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for any advice!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
archie456
in reply to: archie456

Well I've worked it out myself - it because the base line level of the walls is above the lowest point of the roof slab.

I found moving the walls down a bit and then autoprojecting them, when cutting off the bottom of the wall worked.

Its really annoying that ACA does not give a proper error message as to why the cut would not work...
Message 3 of 3
dtdesign
in reply to: archie456

You could also draw a polyline to simulate the profile of the wall projection (draw from one end of the wall to the other looking at your model in elevation in the construct drawing you are working on where you would like the wall to project to). The polyline would simulate the bottom edge of the roof slopes. Then, when you choose modify roof line and project to the polyline. Does this make sense?

I do this all the time for problem walls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost