AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only access one Tool Palette

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KathyMoffa
260 Views, 1 Reply

Can only access one Tool Palette

Hi,

I'm a new ACA user, having just installed the product last weekend. The install was clean, I've had no aborts, and all was going well until yesterday. Without anything out of the ordinary having occurred, all my Tool Palettes became the Render/Visualization one. I tab Home and Tools, the Visualization tool palette pops up, even though the echo in the command line says "Design", as the attached screen shot shows. Ditto for Annotation. I've also tried entering _AecSetPaletteGroup and Design from the command line, and again the Visualization tool palette pops up. I do not get any error messages--just the same wrong palette.

I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit, but a couple of months ago, when I evaluated the product, on the day before the software was set to expire, this exact same Palette error occurred, and at that time, my system was Vista 32-bit. I've installed Update 1 (both times). I have the Bionatics plug-in installed (the one found in ACA's Content and Plug-in Catalog), but I haven't even opened it yet. I also installed and used it during my evaluation.

I tried doing a Repair this morning, but after inserting the product DV as per the instructions, I received an error message that the path "AutoCAD Architecture 2010" cannot be found ...find the installation package "ACA.msi" in a folder from which you can install the product." I guess my next inevitable step is to reinstall the software. I'll report it to subscription now, but it's really odd to me that no one else seems to have had this problem, and with the short period of time I've been using this product, I've encountered it twice on two different operating systems! Am I really the only person with this problem?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KathyMoffa
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Still don't know what caused the problem with the Tool Palette Groups, but Repair corrected it. Windows 7 lost my DVD drive, which resulted in the earlier posted Repair error. Restarted and my DVD drive reappeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost