AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calc sq ft for massive space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hcermig
702 Views, 4 Replies

Calc sq ft for massive space

I am wondering if there is any way to calculate sq ft of rooms quickly.  I have a floor plan that spans two blocks and has 1000 rooms.   How can I get the sq ft of each room quickly?  I am fimiliar with the AREA command but that involves a lot of effort to pick all the points for so many rooms.  The rooms are not polylined, so I cannot just use the properties box.  Thanks for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: hcermig

Hi hcermig,

In AutoCAD Architecture, you can generate spaces based on detected geometry (no need for closed polylines). For the best results, I suggest isolating the wall layers, and then using the "Generate Space" tool to quickly create each of the spaces.

Then you can create a schedule to include all of the spaces, which displays property set data associated with each space (including area). You can edit the schedule to only include the information you want to see.

Check the attached images for the Generate Space tool and the Schedule tool.

Additionally, here are some resources to learn about Spaces and Schedules in AutoCAD Architecture:

About Spaces

About Basic Schedules

About Schedules and Property Sets

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 5

Additionally, here is a short tutorial to illustrate the basic use of the tools mentioned in my previous post:

How to Generate Spaces and Create a Basic Schedule

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 5
hcermig

Is there any way to generate this to the midpoint of the wall?
Message 5 of 5
hcermig

I am looking for something that will allow me to calculate to the midpoint of interior walls, face of exterior walls, and face of corridors????  I love the tip for the space tool! That will help a million times over...now if only I can adjust it!  Thanks for the advice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost