AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTANT FATAL ERROR CRASHING

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
630 Views, 2 Replies

CONSTANT FATAL ERROR CRASHING

As user in our office is constantly getting fatal errors on random files.  Its always different files which had me perplexed.

FATAL ERROR: Un handlef Access Violation Reading 0Xffffffff Exception at d6aa1469h.

Ive revently re-installed Autocad from scratch hoping that this solves the issue.  But it hasnt.

HELP PLEASE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bryce.thelin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kenny,

What version of AutoCAD Architecture is being used and what version of Windows is on the system, including whether it is 32- or 64-bit?

When the crash happens, is AutoCAD able to send in a crash report? If yes, please send me a private message with the email address that was used and I can look up the crash report to see if it may be linked to a known problem or not.

The memory addresses in the fatal errors rarely tell us exactly what caused the crash as they change from system to system. I can say, however, that probably the most common thing that causes random intermittent crashes with AutoCAD is the video driver. Check your video card on our graphics hardware list:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Usually having the latest driver from the manufacturer is best, but sometimes this is not the latest version that we have tested. You can download the tested drivers at the above link. Even if you do have the current/correct video driver, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it anyway. The way to do this is to download the installer for the video driver, then uninstall your current driver, reboot, then install the driver again (or an updated/different version), and reboot once more.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 3
bryce.thelin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kenny,

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Were you able to fix the fatal error?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost