AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug? Communicating Door Width

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rellison
153 Views, 1 Reply

Bug? Communicating Door Width

The property source "Door:Width - PR" apparently does not properly report the width of a door of type "Communicating". See the attached drawing for a demonstration. The communicating door is drawn with a width of 36", but the scheduled width is PR 1'-6". The correct value should be PR 3'-0".
(a communicating door is two doors hung on either side of the same frame, commonly found between two hotel rooms)
Anyone run across this? Am I overlooking something?
Thanks,
Richard
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: rellison

Looks like a problem to me. It reports the Width - PR and Door Size - PR WxH automatic property sources just fine in 2004, but not in 2008. One thing I did notice is that the Leaf Count automatic property source reports 0 for communicating doors in 2004, but (correctly) 2 in 2008. It may be that changing the Leaf Count for communicating doors to 2 caused the "PR" type of width reporting to be incorrect, and no one noticed it until now (or it was noticed, and I have forgotten reading about it).

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost