AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks linked to schedules

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brian_nt
624 Views, 6 Replies

Blocks linked to schedules

Hi,

What we would like is that every time you bring in a block it would show up on a schedule.

Example: im designing a kitchen right now and say i insert 4 ranges, i would like a schedule to automatically recognize that i have 4 ranges in my drawing and show it on the schedule. Also if i were to del one of the ranges the schedule would correct itself. And for only the items that are in my drawing to be show on the schedules.

Can this be done?

is there a Tutorial on this?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
aghis_no
in reply to: brian_nt

Supposing that you already have:

1. a "property set" that applies to "block references".

2. a "schedule table style" that applies to "block references"

You create your schedule table.

Then with the "schedule table" selected you go to the "properties palette" and set to "yes" the "update automatically" option as well as the "add new objects automatically" option.

That way, each time you insert a block it will appear at the schedule table, each time you delete the schedule will refresh automatically.

However, you have to assign the "property set" to all the blocks (using the "properties palette" and the "extended data" panel), otherwise you will only get "question marks" on the schedule.

hope this helps

regards

aghis

Message 3 of 7
brian_nt

Do you know of a tutorial that shows how to create those?

Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

This blog article

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2006/08/adt-schedule-feature-resources.html

lists a number of Schedule Feature resources that may be of use to you.  The AUGI classes I offered some years back, although based on earlier versions, should still give you a good feel for the basics of the Schedule Feature and, if you are so inclined, more detail on Formula properties.  The interface has changed since then, so the picks and clicks may not all be 100% right, but the Schedule Feature remains pretty much the same, so you should be able to work your way through.

You may also want to consider using ACA Multi-View Blocks, rather than AutoCAD Blocks, as that will give you more options, in particular, style-based property sets.  A manual property value in a style-based property set need only be entered once for each Multi-View Block definition, rather than for each instance.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jcp
Advocate

There is an excellent paper by Matt Dillon on the Autodesk University web site from the 2008 class. It explains all about property sets, tables and tags.  In the online section search for course number AB500-3.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=3090

Unfortunately it does not explain specifically how to use the block as an image in the table.

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jcp

A very brief overview of adding blocks as graphic images to a schedule table can be found in this blog article, if you are interested.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
brian_nt

I will give these a try, thank you for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost