AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Yellow warning message

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jeffthomasiii
2901 Views, 11 Replies

Blank Yellow warning message

Immediately after closing AutoCAD Architecture 2012 or AutoCAD MEP 2012 a yellow warning triangle with a black exclamation point displays. This happens every time AutoCAD is closed. However it is isolated to a few systems all of which were installed using the same deployment as the other systems that do not display this warning. AutoCAD performs as expected but displays this warning when closed.

Jeff

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: jeffthomasiii

this may apply: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/08/revit-2013-the-yellow-triangle-in-an-exclamation-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
jeffthomasiii
in reply to: DarrenP

I tried that with luck.

Message 4 of 12
johnmacfall
in reply to: DarrenP

FWIW, I'm using Win 7 Pro x64 and have the Building Design Suite installed (both 12 and 13). When 13 was installed then the warning message appeared on closing 12. I tried reinstalling MS .NET Framework 4 per links on this site and it did not solve the problem on my machine.

Message 5 of 12
pkolarik
in reply to: johnmacfall

I'm currently using ACA2011. Two weeks ago, when ACA2013 got installed on my computer, my 2011 install began exhibiting this same error upon exit (I'm not using 2013 daily yet).... twice, every time.

I'll try the above fix and see if it works

Paul

Message 6 of 12
pkolarik
in reply to: pkolarik

No luck here with that .Net solution....Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 12
scowsert
in reply to: jeffthomasiii

I'm late to the party but just started researching this issue myself. I'm seeing this on my 64bit Windows 7 box running Autocad 2011. I also have Autocad 2013 installed. I'm sure that's they key to all of this. I tried the .net fix and that didn't work for me. I started up autocad went to options and profiles and exported out my profile (in case something goes wrong). Then went to programs and features in Windows 7 selected Autocad 2011, selected uninstall/change (up top see it? yeah that's it!). Then selected repair. Once done my autocad profile was set as default, no biggy my current config was still in profile. I selected it and I'm back to where I was minus the exclimation point issue.

Problem solved! Now why didn't I do this 6 months ago?

Message 8 of 12
jeffthomasiii
in reply to: scowsert

Thanks for the reply...I'll give it a try when I'm back in the office Monday.
Message 9 of 12
David_W_Koch

@wizeguy wrote:

I'm late to the party but just started researching this issue myself. I'm seeing this on my 64bit Windows 7 box running Autocad 2011. I also have Autocad 2013 installed. I'm sure that's they key to all of this. I tried the .net fix and that didn't work for me. I started up autocad went to options and profiles and exported out my profile (in case something goes wrong). Then went to programs and features in Windows 7 selected Autocad 2011, selected uninstall/change (up top see it? yeah that's it!). Then selected repair. Once done my autocad profile was set as default, no biggy my current config was still in profile. I selected it and I'm back to where I was minus the exclimation point issue.

Problem solved! Now why didn't I do this 6 months ago?

Have you tried running 2013 since the repair of 2011?  I have similar issues at work and at home, and, if I recall, repairing the earlier version simply transferred the problem to the newer version; repairing that reverted it back to the earlier version.  But it has been a while since I tried that, so my memory may be slightly off.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 12
scowsert
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Well great, David do you not like happyness or something? I was so happy that I finally fixed my issue now this! 🙂

Ok Ok mister party pooper. I just closed 2011 with no problems. Fired up 2013 opened a drawing shut it down and all looks good. Ok fired up 2011 again opened a drawing up shut it down and everything looks fine. 

Phew! Its 3:30 on Friday and I will not let you ruin my weekend. No sir I won't. It looks all clear here. Thanks for making me all worried. 🙂

Message 11 of 12
David_W_Koch

Glad you were able to get it all to work.

My understanding is that the error messages are "harmless", but they are annoying. 

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 12 of 12
cddrafting
in reply to: David_W_Koch

colleagues

The problems you seem to be having with V13 does not surprise me. In comparison to my problems these are chicken feed.

The only way I was able to sort out my problems was to remove V13 service pack and run ACAv13 alone.

Autodesk know of the problems for I have emails confirming this but for some reason I  believe have chossen to do nothing about them.

I am running V13 without the service pack 1.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost