AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Offset for Doors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shipman
552 Views, 2 Replies

Automatic Offset for Doors

The default offset for the doors is 6", I prefer 4". I change it in the properties dialog box before inserting but it changes back to 6" the next time I go to insert a door.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: shipman

I am seeing the same thing here, in 2010, if I use a tool palette tool to start the DoorAdd command. If I type DoorAdd at the command prompt, it "remembers" the last offset dimension I typed into the Design tab of the Properties palette.

If you look at the Door tool properties, there does not appear to be a property for the Offset, if your Position along wall property is set to "--" (which means to use the default value, as last set in the Properties palette). You will find, however, if you set the Position along wall property to Offset/Center, an Automatic offset property will appear, and it will be set to 6". Change this to 4" (or, for maximum flexibility, change it to "--" using the dropdown list), then, if you want, change the Position along wall property back to "--". Now when you use this tool, the automatic offset will be set to 4" (or it will use whatever the current default value, if set to "--"), provided that the Position along wall property is set to Offset/Center on the Design tab of the Properties palette. Do this for each of your Door tools and you will be good to go.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
shipman
in reply to: shipman

Thank you for your timely response, that worked great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost