AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 360 tab greyed out

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
john_nordmark2
1944 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk 360 tab greyed out

Hello!

We have a problem with Autodesk 360 tab in AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD. We have created two deployments. One for AutoCAD Architecture and one for AutoCAD. In both deployments we have choosen not to install Autodesk 360. We edited the ini file as told in this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/How-To-Install-AutoCAD-2014-WITHOUT-Autod..., and it works fine. However now we want to install Autodesk 360 for som users. We installed via AdSync.msi in the cloudsync folder and the 360 client was installed. The problem is that The 360 tab in AutoCAD still is grayd out and ther is no 360 tab in options.2013-10-09 14-54-56.png

We even tried to install with the original ini file but with no luck.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: john_nordmark2

Are you logged into 360? Launch the web app in Windows, access the local drive, ensure you have access to teh site before you tap it in ACA2014.
Message 3 of 9
john_nordmark2
in reply to: pendean

Yes, logged into 360. I can access both local drive and web site from the 360 icon in taskbar. And I am logged in in AutoCAD.

2013-10-09 16-15-51.png

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: john_nordmark2

try running the adsync msi again do run as administrator

it doesn't seem like Autodesk 360 got installed properly

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
john_nordmark2
in reply to: DarrenP

Ok, I am domain admin so that shouldn't be the problem. From the
beginning I installed AutoCAD with 360. I don't know if the tab worked
at that time. I was workong with my companys functions for AutoCAD so
360 wasn't a priority at that time. A couple of weeks ago my AD account started to lock out several times a day. After some troubleshoting I tried to uninstall 360 and tre troubles dissapeared. Now I want to install it again and the installation from adsync.msi seems to work fine but the ribon in AutoCAD doesn't work.

Message 6 of 9

Hi John,

Uninstalling and reinstalling Autodesk 360 using the AdSync.msi file should fix the ribbon in AutoCAD. Make sure AutoCAD is not running when you do it (the MSI might force this anyways). After installing it, there is this update:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL21520422

It may be that you need to reset AutoCAD to defaults. To do this, click Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 2014 > Reset Settings To Default. It will let you save your current settings first.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 7 of 9

I have tried to reinstall with Adsync.msi and installed the uppdate 3 but it still not working for me. I begin to think that it has something to do with our proxy server. I will check with our system admins.

Message 8 of 9

Now we have solved the 360 greyed out tab in AutoCAD. It was as simple as that the Autodesk 360 for AutoCAD feature in the deployment was not included for the program. Smiley Embarassed We simply run the add/remove function for the program and checked the feature and updated the program.

Message 9 of 9

Excellent! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost