AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad dynamic block problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
426 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad dynamic block problem

Hello guys, i have  annoying problem with a dynamic block in a drawing - when i make a change in the block editor, it doesn`t apply in the model space although i save all the changes. There is also another dynamic block and this time everything is working properly  - all the saved changes appear in the model space. The only difference between the two blocks is that the first one has attributes. I think attributes should not be the reason for not applying changes, but i just don`t know what`s wrong, so please if someone has a clue, just explain.   

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Changes to attributes (addition or deletion of attributes) must be refreshed by using Battman or Attsync I believe.  Attibutes, when inserted are not actually part of the block when inserted but follow the block as independent but related entities.  It may be complicated because dynamic blocks, when inserted become anonymous blocks if dynamic block parameters are changed.  If you have problems floating attribute changes, then reset the block reference either before or after attsync.

without seeing a drawing, this is just a guess.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost