AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad architecture ribbon.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ryryc123
1087 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad architecture ribbon.

Background:

I am a student learning autocad architecture. At my school we use autocad architecture 2009. Recently I downloaded autocad architecture 2012 to my home computer.

Problem:

I want to know if there is a way to get draw, modifie, dimensioning tools, and properties all under one tab. Curently draw and modifie are under home, dimensioning tools are under anotate and properties wont show up on the ribbon at all.

I have tried to right click in the gray space on the ribbon and go into the drop down menus and puting checks next to the panels and tabs that I want but dimension still won't show up in the home tab and properties doesnt even show up in any of the drop down menus.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: ryryc123

In ACA, the Home ribbon tab does offer selected dimensioning tools (AEC and AutoCAD) on a flyout on the Annotation panel.  The AutoCAD Properties toolbar (available only in the ACAD.cuix) offers Color, Linetype, Lineweight and Plotstyle controls.  All of these, plus Transparency, can be found on the AutoCAD Properties  panel, which is part of the AutoCAD (ACAD.cuix) Home ribbon tab.

You can use the CUI command to open the Command User Interface dialog.  On the Transfer tab, you can open the ACAD.cuix file and transfer the Properties panel to either the ACA.cuix file (if you are comfortable with modifying that) or to a new custom CUIX file of your own.  Then, on the Customize tab, you can add the newly transferred Properties panel to the Home ribbon tab in the ACA.cuix file.  An alternate method would be to build your own Properties panel (on the Customize tab) in the CUIX file of your choice and then add it to the ACA Home tab.

Use the Command User Interface dialog to make any other customizations to the ribbon panels that you desire.

Be certain to back up any new or changed CUIX files, so you can restore them in the event you need to reinstall or if your working copy becomes corrupt.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost