AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad architectural walls, windows, doors, don't work.

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
tbecker1
3256 Views, 17 Replies

Autocad architectural walls, windows, doors, don't work.

I lost the ability to build windows, doors basically everything in the build area.  I have re-installed the product. I've tried this on different drawings.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
danellis2982
in reply to: tbecker1

Have you checked your profile?

If your profile's set to a non-ACA one then I don't think you'd have ACA functionality.

dJE

Message 3 of 18
tbecker1
in reply to: danellis2982

SO, I have re-installed everything again.  I did a repair from the start menu, did a repair from the control panel/programs and features, and still cannot draw any windows, or doors, or do door schedules.

Any ideas ???

Message 4 of 18
danellis2982

Did you try checking your profile?

Do you have *any* ACA functionality?  Walls for example?

Perhaps try the command-line versions: WALLADD and WINDOWADD.

dJE

Message 5 of 18
tbecker1
in reply to: danellis2982

No functionality at all.
Message 6 of 18
giles_reed

Did you ever find a solution to this problem...?

I have the same problem on my desktop machine.

All AEC ADD commands do nothing.

Capture.JPG

The name of the command comes up but nothing happens.

It just goes back to hte command line.

It used to work when I installed the software about 1 month ago and has now stopped for no apparent reason.

Have tried the repair command to no avail.

Thanks

Giles

Message 7 of 18
David_W_Koch
in reply to: giles_reed

Open the Options dialog.  What is the name of the current profile?  Do you have any tabs to the right of the Profiles tab, with names that start with "AEC"?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 18
giles_reed
in reply to: David_W_Koch

current profile : AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric)

Online, AEC editor, AEC Content, AEC Project Defaults, AEC object settings, AEC dimensions all available to right of profiles tab

As I mentioned it was working fine till yesterday... with same profile...

Message 9 of 18
giles_reed

also if i select an AEC object it is not offer the normal AEC properties.

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 18
David_W_Koch

OK, you appear to be using an AutoCAD Architecture profile (not an AutoCAD profile), and from the screen shot, you are using 2015, so there should not be an issue with "future" objects disabling the AEC commands.  You said the repair command did not work.

Is there a way that you, or someone else, can log into your machine (under a separate user account) and run the software?  If so, do the AEC commands work for that use?

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 11 of 18
giles_reed

Its a sigle workstation that only I use...

I had the same thing happen to me with ACA 2014 but the problem was solved with the fresh install of 2015 so I didn't persue the problem.

Message 12 of 18
David_W_Koch

If the program worked correctly for another user on your machine, I would have suggested that the problem was in your profile files, and suggested that you follow the procedure outlined in this blog article, and detailed in this Autodesk Knowledge Network article.  As noted in the blog article, BACK UP ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS FIRST.  After you restart ACA and allow the secondary installer to run again, rebuilding your profile and profile files, if the program runs as expected, you can then copy any customizations back to your profile files, one at a time, verifying that the program still works after restoring each file.  If you have not made any customizations to the CUIX file, or set up any local custom palettes, linetypes, hatch patterns, command aliases, etc., then you would not need to back anything up.

You could try the above anyway, as that is less onerous than doing a clean unistallation and then full reinstallation.  If resetting your profile files does not work, then you could try a reinstallation, but I usually find that if a repair installation does not fix things, a reinstallation with the current installation still in place usually does not work, either.  If the reinstallation also fails (or you choose to skip that), doing a clean uninstallation and then a full installation would be the final step to take.  Links to those procedures can be found in the blog article link above.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 18
giles_reed

Well unfortunately that didn't work...

I tried walladd and nothing.

then windowadd and got the following error message

Capture.JPG

Now I don't mind too much a full clean install but this is not the first time this has happened as I said, it happened on ACA 2014.

So the idea of every month or so having to do a full reinstall doesn't impress...

Message 14 of 18
giles_reed

Hi David,

After your last message I clean reinstalled Autocad architecture 2015.

I removed all autocad applications and followed the clean install procedure removing all files and editing the registry.

After the clean install the wall and other aec comanads worked again.

Today they have stopped again...

This is so frustrating.

Have you any other suggestions for me htan reinstalling?

Giles

Message 15 of 18
ACADManager

Ditch Autodesk and find something else

Message 16 of 18
giles_reed
in reply to: ACADManager

like?

Message 17 of 18
ACADManager

Chief Architect

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 18 of 18
giles_reed
in reply to: ACADManager

Ok... never heard of it... anyone else use it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost