AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 64bit fails to open deafault drawing 1 at start up

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daley1234
582 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad Architecture 64bit fails to open deafault drawing 1 at start up

Good Morning Guys,

This is my first time writing on this forum; I just installed AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (64bit) on my Windows 8 64bit desktop PC and I'm getting this error at startup."Open Drawing - Error Found" 2 Error were found in the drawing file during open. Would you like to cancel this open? It is recommended you cancel the open and run the Recover command on the drawing file. Remember now that this is the default Drawing 1 file that opens whenever you launch the application.

If you selects yes, then it does some kind of recovery and then open a Drawing 2. If you selects no then it give another error message "Unhandled exception C06D007E (Dealyload "AecarchBase.dbx" module not found at Address).

Have anyone on this forum experienced this problem before and if yes can you provide me with some advise as to how to resolve this issue?  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
daley1234
in reply to: daley1234

I forgot to attach the error mesages so I'm now uploading them.

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch

There may be some other problems with your installation, but errors in the initial drawing suggest to me that there is an error in your default template file.  Once you get the program open, you should check the Options dilaog, on the Files tab, to find out what your Default Template File Name for QNEW is.  You may need to recover that.  If that does not fix your problems, there may be a problem with your installation, and a repair installation may fix that.  If all else fails, you may have to do a full uninstallation and a clean reinstallation.  You may find this Knowledge Base article of interest if you get to that point:  http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
daley1234

Thanks for your response David,

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application but got the same error once I launched it. I'll try the template stuff you mentioned and see what happens.

Message 5 of 5
sriniva91

Hi All 

I am also facing the same issue when opening autocad electrical2015 x64 

Please please suggest me some solutions immediately 

Thanks

srini

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost