AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2012 - Automatic Updates

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wesleylabossiere
438 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2012 - Automatic Updates

I am having an issue with my AutoCAD Architecture seemingly automatically updating to a different version.  This has happened twice to me, I will turn on my computer one day and all of my toolbars are completely different, and do not have any of the typical archtectural tools showing (walls, windows, elevations).  Every tool seems to be in a different location and makes it quite time consuming to work through.  The only solution seems to be uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD, once installed the toolbars are back to normal.  Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: wesleylabossiere

You are probably just starting wiht a different AutoCAD/Architecture profile, nothing more.

Next time it happens, do one of several things first before this dramatic reinstall option. It may help if you do these now to document what the current settings are:

- OPTIONS command's PROFILES tab: what is selected now, document.  Reselect it if things change again.

- Workspaces: which one are you using now? write it down, next time manually select this workspace and see if things go back.

Message 3 of 7
wesleylabossiere
in reply to: pendean

My current profile is set at the same "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)" profile that it always has been on.  My CAD currently is having this issue, so I am not able to document what my prior settings may have been.

Message 4 of 7
wesleylabossiere

I have even reset my profile and it has changed everything except the toolbars.

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Screen items like toolbars and palettes are controlled by the workspace: reselect the one you last used.

Message 6 of 7
wesleylabossiere

This may be an dumb question, but how do you restore your workspace?

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Never a dumb question: if you have the Workspace pulldown visible way at the top of the program window, click on the down arrow and select your workspace.

Or just type WORKSPACE at the command line and follow the prompts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost