AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Fails to Load Customizations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
radiohaktive
354 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Fails to Load Customizations

Hello, I'm a business owner, CAD Manager and AutoCAD expert. In my 8th year of using AutoCAD, I am perplexed at how the same errors are constantly popping up. Last night I set up my CAD with macros, scripts, LISP, custom workstation settings, custom templates, files settings to configure with my cloud, etc etc etc, yet when I opened a client's files this morning who was in my office a minute ago, everythings gone. I even got that startup screen which I told never to come back. My screen exploded with useless palettes, that useless ribbon popped up (yes I know about the startup script that you append to your acad.exe file) and not one thing, literally, was back to normal. (And yes I checked the profile settings; I deleted all the amateur profiles off there yesterday, i.e. AutoCAD Global, Imperial, bla bla and made my own; magically the bla bla were back today) . So, AutoCAD, why after spending thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, do I have to embarass myself in front of clients, miss deadlines (cus now I'm stuck reconfiguring all of this today, instead of running my company), and be frustrated. This is unacceptable, it just is; it's like I'm getting served hair in my food but I'm still going back to the same restaurant! I'm switching to BricsCAD, this is just too much wasted money! Autodesk says, "Your paying for support." WHAT SUPPORT? Nothing ever happens; I've managed big crews on big construction projects; the only changes I see in CAD are bells and whistles to keep a new release going ever year so shareholders are happy. Hatching is still screwed up, plotting is a pain, customizing is hit or miss, etc etc etc and these are all things that should been have addressed long before a stupid ribbon was invented. What about commands, they're faster, easier and take up no space, so you can do what CAD is meant for...WORK!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: radiohaktive

...AutoCAD, why after spending thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, do I have to embarass myself....

...I'm switching to BricsCAD,.....

I'm glad someone here finally figured it out. Autodesk does not have a gun to anyone's head making you pay subscription fees, making you use their software, etc. A lot of people get on here and gripe and make noise, but you're one of the first I have seen take action. Props to you.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
ntellery
in reply to: radiohaktive

Feel your pain RadHak.  I also feel trapped by a massive company that cares little for existing customers.  I have sent many reports on bugs, even been invited to send in details by autodesk and have had no response.  Support? Not sure what happens to my reports, perhaps they are pinned to a wall so they can laugh at them.

New version,  new interface, same bugs, new bugs, no improvement in core program.

I am fearful of wasting time on new version as 14 was a crash out, nightmare, uninstall and reinstall 13. wasted days.

When 14 was working a render would miss 1/2 the objects.

13 had new printing bugs not fixed in 14.

12 stuffed up wall endcap editing that was great in 09.

15 you have to use icons and can't change to text.

I really like using ACA and with my own simple lisp is very efficient and I can do quickly what very few if any of my competitors can do locally. 

And as for the Robbin!  I'm with you.  Key commands are much more efficient.  And why are autocad features like 3d mesh hidden from ACA users.  Not only do we not get more, we get less.

Archicad is really big here locally and for the company it's their focus. Not like Adesk with some 200 programs.  Who are we to them?

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost