AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2014 deployment issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rosskirby
511 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2014 deployment issue

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

I've recently (finally) gotten around to creating the deployment for the 2014 product suite (we have network licenses of Building Design Suite Premium).  The deployment was created and deployed successfully, with one exception: AutoCAD Architecture will not start up because AutoCAD Raster Design is looking for a path that doesn't exist:

\\arcturis\users\rkirby\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\\support

We're on a private cloud system, hence the slightly different beginning to the path.  The problem, however, is the double-backslash between enu and support.  I've verified that the path exists (minus that double-backslash error), so what gives?  There are no settings in the deployment for specifying paths for AutoCAD Raster Design, and our deployment of ACA is straight out of the box (we primarily use Revit, but need AutoCAD for dealing with legacy files and consultants).

So, any ideas?  I've gone back into the deployment to remove Raster Design from the list of installed programs, and have asked our IT guys to uninstall Raster Design from my machine (which will hopefully happen soon), but until then, I would appreciate any thoughts you guys might have as to where this path could've gone wrong.

Thanks again.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cnenzel
in reply to: rosskirby

Did you find a solution to the double slash issue?  We have the same problem with Raster Design and roaming profiles in vmware view vdi... would love to know the solution!

Message 3 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: cnenzel

Sorry, no.  I just excluded Raster Design from the deployment, since it's something we never use.  You could try setting up a separate deployment for just Raster Design, though.  Other than that, I have no idea.  Good luck, and please post back here if you happen across a solution.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 4
cnenzel
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks, I will.  I think we're also going to go ahead and deploy without Raster Design as it's the only compontent that seems to have this issue.  The client will make the final determination on this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost