AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2012 wall Problems....

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Jamie_351
3681 Views, 25 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2012 wall Problems....

Hi guys I have just started using AutoCAD Architecture and I am trying to get my walls to work and look correct. Currently I made my own 240mm brick veneer wall and 90mm stud wall  when I try draw a stud wall coming off the brick veneer wall it snaps off the brick and not the stud. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? If so I would very much appreciate any ideas as im puzzled. Also how to draw topography? Thanks.

Jamie.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Jamie_351
in reply to: jmcintyre

Thats why I cant find any. Revit might not be quicker than ACA but is definatly quicker than acad which is what im doing now. Looks like revit is the way to go then. Have to follow the crowd I guess dont want to be left behind.

Message 22 of 26
Jamie_351

Just got the boss to book me and another guy in for Revit Level 1 at RMIT. so... Revit here I come

Message 23 of 26
jmcintyre
in reply to: Jamie_351

Good luck. Just forget everything you know about acad.

Message 24 of 26
Jamie_351

Haha yeah thanks. oh I wont forget it as I am sure I will be using it again sooner or later for something

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

If you change your Object Snap settings and UNcheck the "Allow general snapsettings to act upon wall justification line" then it usually allows you to snap to any points within the components in your wall.

Message 26 of 26
cddrafting
in reply to: Jamie_351

ntellery, jamie_351 I live in Adelaide and have used ACad ADT and have done so since it came out with V2.6. I have been pressured to move over the Revit but have refused to do so. There are still Architects using ADT here also Revit. I could not say what percentages but I do know that a majority of the Government departments eg Highways Dept are still using ADT, an earlier version but.

I was talking to a colleague Architect who has both in his office and he tells me Revit is good for 3D and presentation and is more geared for non architectural type projects and he tells me it is more difficult to use in comparison with ADT.

He draws all in ADT and renders in Revit.

There are not to many companies in Adelaide that sell the Acad products like there use to be and even then they don't support the 3D side of it. I can get a reasonable number of Acad 2D trainers but not 3D. It is a lot difficult here for me.

I refuse to more to Revit. Vrery little gain for me to do so.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost