AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD/ACA 2009 Command Delay

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JJKennedy03
310 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD/ACA 2009 Command Delay

I have some users that have been complaining that when they do the offset (AutoCAD command) in ACA2009 (service packs installed) for example that there is a delay in the command before they can start typing values and so forth. Has anyone noticed that with there workstations (our are 3 month old)?
Is there a new AutoCAD setting that makes that happen of which I can turn off so there isn't a delay?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DavidRaines
in reply to: JJKennedy03

I have experienced this. I also experience a delay and jerkyness sometimes when layer properties is open. Real pain considerig I have 4 Gigs of ram and 128M graphics card. Don't ask me how to fix it cause I donno.

Edited by: DavidRaines%20 on Nov 13, 2008 10:07 PM Edited by: DavidRaines%20 on Nov 13, 2008 10:08 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Shots in the dark:
set INDEXCTL to 0
make sure the command line is docked

Do you happen to experience similar lag when performing a qsave?

j.j. wrote:
> I have some users that have been complaining that when they do the
> offset (AutoCAD command) in ACA2009 (service packs installed) for
> example that there is a delay in the command before they can start
> typing values and so forth. Has anyone noticed that with there
> workstations (our are 3 month old)? Is there a new AutoCAD setting that
> makes that happen of which I can turn off so there isn't a delay?
Message 4 of 5
JJKennedy03

I tried just Indexctl to 0 by itself and it didn't do anything, so I than took the floating command line and docked it. It is now fixed. Thanks for the help. Very appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
bob
Explorer

We recently installed ACA 2009 and also have had speed issues.
Something that seemed to help us quite a bit was to adjusted the hardware acceleration of the graphics card (thru the Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - Troubleshoot tab) Moving it down one notch made a big difference.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost