AutoCAD Architecture General

sandpython
Message 1 of 4 (1,109 Views)

AutoCAD 2013 copy and paste with perpendicular tracking

1109 Views, 3 Replies
02-27-2013 07:07 AM

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from LT2011 TO Architecture 2013. I always use perpendicular tracking when copy and pasting but when I want to copy (or paste) a certain distance perpendicular to that object it doesn't like it. It's tricky to explain but say I wanted to copy a block of a teble 1200mm from the original block I'd copy, hover over the basepoint and move my cursor in the intended direction and type in 1200 and enter. The previous version of AutoCAD worked this command fine but since the upgrade I'm having trouble. Surely it's something as simple as changing the drafting settings bit I've gone through them all and no luck.

Thanks to any comments in advance.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 4 (1,095 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 copy and paste with perpendicular tracking

02-27-2013 10:41 AM in reply to: sandpython
So what does it do now? Nothing has changed in AutoCAD so your actual result might give us a clue.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 3 of 4 (1,088 Views)

02-27-2013 04:51 PM in reply to: sandpython

Is your table a "vanilla" AutoCAD block or is it AutoCAD Architecture "content" (such as a Multi-View Block)?

The ACA content does not always "track" the same way as AutoCAD content.

David Koch
sandpython
Message 4 of 4 (1,059 Views)

03-01-2013 06:55 AM in reply to: sandpython

I can't type in any dimansion away from a point using object tracking. Usually there's a small box which appears which you can type in a dimension when you track but this isn't appearing anymore. I've added an attachment of what I should see and another attachment of what I do see. Any help wopuld be appreciated.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community