AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 copy and paste with perpendicular tracking

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sandpython
2347 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 copy and paste with perpendicular tracking

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from LT2011 TO Architecture 2013. I always use perpendicular tracking when copy and pasting but when I want to copy (or paste) a certain distance perpendicular to that object it doesn't like it. It's tricky to explain but say I wanted to copy a block of a teble 1200mm from the original block I'd copy, hover over the basepoint and move my cursor in the intended direction and type in 1200 and enter. The previous version of AutoCAD worked this command fine but since the upgrade I'm having trouble. Surely it's something as simple as changing the drafting settings bit I've gone through them all and no luck.

Thanks to any comments in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sandpython

So what does it do now? Nothing has changed in AutoCAD so your actual result might give us a clue.
Message 3 of 4
David_W_Koch

Is your table a "vanilla" AutoCAD block or is it AutoCAD Architecture "content" (such as a Multi-View Block)?

The ACA content does not always "track" the same way as AutoCAD content.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 4
sandpython

I can't type in any dimansion away from a point using object tracking. Usually there's a small box which appears which you can type in a dimension when you track but this isn't appearing anymore. I've added an attachment of what I should see and another attachment of what I do see. Any help wopuld be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost