AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture Dimension Symbols

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Valvosus
400 Views, 3 Replies

Architecture Dimension Symbols

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project at work that involves me recreating our plant's flood plan in AutoCAD. This isn't an AutoCAD problem per se, but more of a general Architecture problem.

I went to school for Mechanical Engineering and I am very familiar with the nomenclature involved in CAD drawings; however, I'm unfamiliar with some of the symbolism involved with Arch drawings.

My biggest concern at the moment is the way some of the dimensions are displayed. For example, some of the detailed drawings have a scale of \" = 1' 0" There's not a single number on the left hand side of the scale conversion. Also, there are several dimensions that have sizes of something like 1' 4}". The drawing mentions something about }" gypsum walls but it doesn't give a specific dimension.

Is all of this standard Architecture practice? I've tried to Google most of these questions but I haven't had any luck finding anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and have a wonderful day!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_Knight
in reply to: Valvosus

This is what mine looks like:

attached is a zile with the file so you can try.  

Message 3 of 4
Victoria.Studley

Hi Valvosus,

Could you possibly post an example file where this is occuring? I'd be happy to look at it for you.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 4 of 4
glporras

Hi, the symbol you are referring to is from an autocad font style called "Archistyle" which mimic hand writhing (if memory serves my OK this am) the symbol represented a character like you see in your dimensions, if you have that particular font style you'll be able to see the actual representation.

Good luck, George

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost