AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
569 Views, 4 Replies

Architecture 2012

I am currently a Architecture 2008 user.  I have downloaded and have been using the Architecture 2012.  It works fine for awhile and then the AEC objects (walls, doors, etc) stop working.  Using the comands from the ribbon the command shows on the command line, but thennothing happens.  I tried a repair and that didn't work and then I tried a reinstall (from Windows 7 64 bit) and that does work.  But i have needed to do that three times in the last several days of my trial.  Can someone tell me what may be the pronblem?  I have downloaded and installed SP1, but nothing else.

Thank You,

A J

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the day it stops working coincide with a Windows Registry Cleaner schedule on your PC? Or something else that only runs every few days?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Actually that may be correct.  If so, how do I know what to keep?  Or as I have said I have a trial version of 2012, will this problem stop once I have purchased the program?

Thanks,

A J

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Many Windows Registry cleaners (they are by default on in many newer anti-virus fotware packages and more) are not good if you have AutoCAD installed: and unless you constantly install/uninstall new software, no one needs such a cleaner to run more that a few times a year. Read this old document that still applies today HERE.

I use CCLEANER and it seems to leave AutoCAD alone without dessimating it.

You will need to repair reinstall AutoCAD if you chose to continue use of the other cleaner.

Message 5 of 5
subpartner
in reply to: pendean

PenDean is right about the registry cleaner, they are bad news.

Another thing you can do instead of a reinstall is to reset AutoCAD for the Windows profile you are using. The registry cleaner is more than likely only affecting keys in that user account. Use the steps below to do this.

Issue
To reset the default AutoCAD® Architecture 2012 user settings, you want to reinitiate the secondary installer.

Solution
To reset the AutoCAD® Architecture 2012 default user settings, you must first delete your application files and registry entries for the program. Follow these steps:

Note: Make sure that you back up any customized AutoCAD Architecture 2012 files before starting this procedure.

1. Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit
3. In the Registry Editor, browse to the following subkey and delete it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.2\ACAD-A004:409

4. Close the Registry Editor.
5. Using Windows Explorer, browse to and delete the following user's application folders: 

Windows 7
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ACA 2012
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ACA 2012

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA 2012
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\ACA 2012

6. Start AutoCAD Architecture 2012. This will initiate the secondary installer, recreating the deleted files and folders.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost