AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arch 2011 Crashing upon close

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kmethot
864 Views, 7 Replies

Arch 2011 Crashing upon close

Hey all,

I'm having an issue where AutoCad Architecture 2011 is crashing on some but not all machines (4 total) when a file is closed.

We are also getting what appears to be random slow downs on files when opening and a jumpy mouse that makes drawing impossible. I have not been able to establish a pattern to point at specific files to being the problem as it happens across several the are fine one day, not fine the next and fine again a day later. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kate

All stations are identical. 

Win 7 Pro - 64 bit 

Intel Xeon cpu 3.60Ghz (2 processors)

9 BG RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 

and because I've seen the request for the tuner log... here's mine. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SharlaL
in reply to: kmethot

I will be interested in any responses you get! I'm sorry I don't have any helpful information for you. We are having similar issues with 2010 and I'm beginning to wonder if it's Win 7 related because we are on similar systems. *sigh*

Message 3 of 8
kmethot
in reply to: SharlaL

Given at this point it has taken us over two full days to create pdfs and e-transmit files of a drawing set (approx 120 sheets) with three stations going 10 hours a day - we are about ready to dump AutoCad and find another program. This is completely unacceptable.

We were told moving to Win7 64 bit and ACA 2011 would helps us increase our productivity and speed by taking advantage of the hardware and speed we have the a 32 bit system cannot utilize. We feel completely hosed and taken advantage of. Support has been next to nothing with no solutions or support from our seller nor any response on this forum or the 2011 forum.

It is unfortunate that Autodesk cannot seem to release a stable, reliable product with actual support when an issue arises. It would appear that either they did not do their homework when building the 64-bit version or we were lied to when we were assured that this would be a safe and reliable step forward. Instead, we are working at less than 50% productivity and are stuck.

Frustrated and disapointed,

Kate

Message 4 of 8
jack

Anyone ever get any fix for this? We are having similar problems. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
FNicholson
in reply to: jack

I've been going back and forth for over 2 weeks now trying to get help out of AutoCadd and i am severly disapointed in the lack of results.

Message 6 of 8
jack

I had gotten some suggestions, you know, turn off the tool tips, etc, etc.. None seems to work and we got conflicting info on whether to use hardware graphics or not.

Message 7 of 8
sam.chan
in reply to: jack

Hi,

For those who encountered the crash: if feasible, would you please do me a favor sending a customer error report with some descriptions so I know which particular CER is related to this thread?  We will look into that.

Thanks,

Sam

AutoCAD Architecture Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
ffellah

hi

i have the same problem if there any solution

thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost