AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative objects inheriting every annotative scale

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gsinkuc
360 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative objects inheriting every annotative scale

I am running Autocad arch 2011 (as Autocad 2011)  and a co worker is using Autocad electrical 2012 and when he works in a drawing of mine the every annotative scale that is used in the file is attached to every annotative object.  Which means I have to go through every object and delete scales that should be be there....all my annotative objects appear in every view port because every annotative object has every scale....HELP!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: gsinkuc

On the Drawing Window Status bar, there are two tools to the right of the scale control.  The one farther to the right has an icon that has an end view of an architect's scale and a lightning bolt.  If this is turned on, then everytime you change the drawing scale, the new scale is automatically added to existing annotative objects.  While there may be rare times when I would want this, in general I do not, and I leave it turned off.  Sounds like your co-worker has it turned on.

This tool toggles the value of the ANNOAUTOSCALE system variable between positive (on) and negative (off).  There are four possible settings for this variable:

4  Newly set annotation scale is added to ALL annotative objects that support that scale.  (-4 turns off ANNOTAUTOSCALE, but when turned back on, value will be 4.)

3  Newly set annotation scale is added to annotative objects that support that scale EXCEPT for objects on locked layers.  (-3 turns off ANNOTAUTOSCALE, but when turned back on, value will be 3.)

2  Newly set annotation scale is added to annotative objects that support that scale EXCEPT for objects on layers that are turned off, frozen or Viewport frozen.  (-2 turns off ANNOTAUTOSCALE, but when turned back on, value will be 2.)

1   Newly set annotation scale is added to annotative objects that support that scale EXCEPT for objects on layers that are locked, turned off, frozen or Viewport frozen.  (-1 turns off ANNOTAUTOSCALE, but when turned back on, value will be 1.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
gsinkuc
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost