AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Text Mystery

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
FitzUS
588 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative Text Mystery

For some reason my annotative MVBLOCKS and MTEXT are not displaying in the correct viewport scale.

I created an MVBLOCK (TAG) in another drawing where the scale was 1"=100' (1:1200).  My next drawing was 1"=150' (1:1800) and I thought I would be able to use the same TAG just making sure that the proper annotative scale was set.  When the TAG is viewed through the viewport, also set to 1'=150', the TAG shows with the size set for 1"=100'.  It is readily apparent when I delete the annotative scale of 1"=100' from the TAGS, they all disappear in the viewport.  However they show at the correct scale in model space when set to 1"=150'. 

I thought it might have to do with something when I created the TAG originally, but there is a TEXT string at the top of my legend and it also does not display at the correct scale.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: FitzUS

It's probably a matter of how you are changing the drawing scale. There are multiple variables controlling scale instead of the old familiar "zoom" value. To keep them working together the best way is to use the drawing control at the bottom of the drafting window to set the desired scale (this control has a reactor that adjusts everything at the same time). Otherwise, like when you're using properties or the old and familiar zooming functions, the scales can get "out of sync".
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 3 of 3
FitzUS
in reply to: Gary_J_Orr

I guess a good nights sleep (5 hours) is all that I needed to solve this.

Not sure why this happens but the fix was relatively easy.

First make sure that the annotative objects have both scales.  In my case 1"=100' and 1"= 150'.  Then go to the VIEWPORT that has the incorrect display.  Unlock it, and change the scale to the one you don't want  (1"=100') , then immediately change it back to the scale desired (1"=150') and viola the annotative objects rescale to the proper size.

I believe that since I brought theLAYOUT in from a template that had the previous scale set to 1"=100' may have caused the issue.

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost