AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative Blocks in Paper Space (Tab)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GRandall
410 Views, 2 Replies

Annotative Blocks in Paper Space (Tab)

I have searched and found old posts regarding malfuntioning annotative blocks but not like this.

I have created a block in the model tab with the annotative scale set at 1'-0" = 1'-0" with the UCS set to World. When the block is inserted in model space either on the model tab or thru viewport it displays and prints correctly. However when the same block is inserted into paperspace on a layout tab the block appears correctly but when printed either hardcopy or PDF it is rotated 90 degress around its insertion. This malfunctions the same whether it is inserted directly or nested in a legend block.

It is also not one particular block or drawing but (mal)functions across drawings and block definitions.

I really don't want to have to make two sets of blocks for the project.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zalant
in reply to: GRandall

You could be running up against this setting:

match block orientation.jpg

Overall, though, you might just have to end up making two different blocks; one for paper and one for model space.  Annotative properties were designed only with model space content in mind.  Since a layout is a representation of the actual plotted output, anything in paper space was considered to already be at the desired size (unlike the model space content of scalable viewports).

Please post back here and let us know if the option to match orientation helps out.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 3
zalant
in reply to: GRandall

I wanted to find out if you'd managed to get things working the way you had wanted.  Please post back here and let me know where you're at with this.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost