AutoCAD Architecture General

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)

Annotation issue

340 Views, 3 Replies
06-02-2010 09:38 AM
We're getting ready to upgrade from ACA 2008 to ACA 2010/11, so I was looking at the files from a few of the ongoing projects to make sure that there wouldn't be any problems. And for the most part, there aren't any...except for this: anything annotative (text, dimensions, etc.) will show at multiple scales when selected (see image). While annoying, it doesn't appear to be causing any problem in editing the objects, so it's not a dealbreaker when it comes to upgrading, but it's weird and annoying, to say the least.

Has anyone else seen this before? Is there just some setting/override that I'm missing in the new release? Creating new annotative objects (dimensions, for example) works fine, and I don't see the multiple-scales.

Thanks in advance,
Ross
Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Valued Mentor
tschau3
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

Re: Annotation issue

06-02-2010 09:55 AM in reply to: rosskirby
Try setting SELECTIONANNODISPLAY to 0. Hope that helps.
*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 3 of 4 (340 Views)

06-02-2010 11:10 AM in reply to: rosskirby
That did the trick, thanks. Mind if I ask how in the world you knew to do that?
Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Valued Mentor
tschau3
Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)

06-02-2010 11:19 AM in reply to: rosskirby
As I continue to learn things from these forums, I write them down in a notebook in case I ever need them again. Especially the system variables...way too many to remember. Glad it worked for you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community