AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Scaling-How & why not?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joseg
143 Views, 1 Reply

Annotation Scaling-How & why not?

Greetings,
Just playing around with annotation scaling. How come the aec dimensions I'm inserting in my current project are not scaling up or down when I change drawing scales? They do when I open a drawing using the AEC Model templates but none of my current files use that template. Also, is it possible to change dimensions already in the drawings to annotative scaling? How?
Thanks,
jg
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: joseg

The AutoCAD Dimension Style that your AEC Dimension Style uses has to be set to be annotative. If your current files were created in a previous release, or in a template started in a previous release, it is likely that the AutoCAD Dimension Style(s) you are using are not set to be annotative. Edit the AutoCAD Dimension Style and, on the Fit tab, check the Annotative toggle in the lower right.

I have not played with this much myself, but you may also need to adjust other settings, such as the text height on the Text tab, if it is not already set to the height at which you want the dimension text to plot.
--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost