AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Scale Dialog Box MISSING...

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
16229 Views, 12 Replies

Annotation Scale Dialog Box MISSING...

Good Morning...

I have 2 computers with Windows 7 OS and 2011 ACA installed with a custom profile set current.

When I select annotative text, right click and select ADD/DELETE SCALE, the Annotation Scale dialog

box SHOULD open.... but it does not.  I have this same profile set on other computers with Windows 7

and they are working fine.  We have completely uninstalled ACA, wiped the registry clean, and reinstalled...

it's still doing the same thing.  I can switch to the Out of the Box profile and the dialog box opens as it should.

I'm not sure where to look within the profile for the issue since it's working on other computers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jane...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Virtruvius
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure WHY... might be something with Quick Properties setting that is on or off... but the way I work is to select the text, then go to the Properties Pallete (fly out) go to Annotative Scale under Text and click inside the box. That displays the three dots (...) on the right. Click the three dots and that takes you into the Annotative Scale edior where you can add or delete scales for that text.

Message 3 of 13
Virtruvius

Sorry, one more potential isssue... I found that there is a major conflict with MTEXT in ACA when you have the ACA.cuix and ACAD.cuix loaded. Don't know if that is the case for you though. They both try to access different dialoges at the same time when you select text for editing.

Message 4 of 13
MarySeufert

Hi Jane,

Most likely the dialog box is off of your screen. The custom profile you are using was probably created with a different monitor setup.

Use this windows trick to move it back. When the dialog box is supposed to be visible, but you can't see it, press ALT+Space, then "M", then use the arrow keys to move the dialog box. Hopefully it will come back in view quickly.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 13
sbillingsley
in reply to: MarySeufert

This did it, but rather than using the arrows the mouse automatically selected the window. THANK YOU!
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

LIFE. SAVER. 

Message 7 of 13
rjcpdx

it worked, but i had to try a couple of things. as soon as i mouse clicked, i lost it, but something i did caught it and it moved. maybe it was left arrow on keyboard, i don't know, but its back.

Message 8 of 13
dopenaut
in reply to: rjcpdx

I just tried this and it worked:

1. place non-annotative m-text in the drawing

2. then select the text and change it to annotative (in the properties dialog box)

3. then run the objectscale command again (or right click the text , select Annotative Object Scale, Add/Delete Scale)

4. presto

Message 9 of 13
rwelchRGJTP

I tried this and it did not work. when I used ALT+Space the move command is grayed out and isn't an option. I tried hitting "M" anyway but not thing seems to happened. Tried the go around of right clicking to open the box but that does not work either.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

This is genius. I've been having this problem all day, and I was able to solve it in seconds with this trick. Thank you Mary!

Message 11 of 13
David125

This was driving me nuts, thanks!

Message 12 of 13
AndyMac77
in reply to: David125

My day just got so much better!

Thank you.

Message 13 of 13
ashamieh
in reply to: dopenaut

This worked like a charm! The most liked solution did not work for me, I am so glad this solution works as well. I was on the brink of getting so frustrated that I considered just starting the entire project all over. You're a champ.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost