AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a signature to Architects stamp?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cadtastrophe
985 Views, 3 Replies

Adding a signature to Architects stamp?

I was asked to create a digital signature for a principal architect, the first thing that comes to mind is scan his signed stamp then insert as a raster image.  Good idea? Bad idea? any other way?

TIA,

Jeff

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: cadtastrophe

There is the true DIGITAL SIGNATURE feature in AutoCAD (Look it up in HELP and in your favorite webbrowser), then there is the scan-and-attach-a-raster option you/your boss are talking about that is not a goot idea if he/she wants to control their signature/stamp.

Are you just wanting to crrate a set of PDFs to issue? Is the entity you are issuing to accept that (many require 'wet seals') as a signed document? Describe in more detail what this is for and ideas will flow from others around here.

Message 3 of 4
cadtastrophe
in reply to: pendean

The Architect of record will be out of town when the drawings go in for final approval.  He prefers the digital option than to have another authorized architect to sign for him.

Message 4 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: cadtastrophe

I tend to dislike the quality of scanned images, so I have digitized many a signature into blocks for repeat use. The only problem is that some jurisdictions require a wet signature...Smiley Sad

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost