AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Objects TABS....Not showing on Prop palette

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
VWD-MLM
831 Views, 2 Replies

AEC Objects TABS....Not showing on Prop palette

Ok,  it's been 7 years since I've had to work in ACA/ADT in any form..Been on Revit for the past 7 Years.  Now I am working for someone who had hired me to do REVIT work, but because RAC was "too complicated" for them, I've been forced to digress, LITERALLY, to using ACA.  I have BDSU 14 and 15 loaded, and have been killing myself trying to remember anything from seven years ago about the inner workings of ACA.  For the most part, at least temporarily, I've been about to remember most things.  But I'm having issues with actual AEC Objects and the Props Palette.  When i click on any walls, wdws, doors, etc, the Props Palette tells me it's an AEC_Wall, .....buts thats it.  There are no other TABS regarding editing, attributes, etc.  NOTHING......Just a plain ole Prop Pal.  When I installed ACA, I did chose the ACA menu options, etc, and on the options Dialogue, I have all the AEC options TABS.  I even have the default (?) ARchiteure Workspace loaded,

I can't find anything regarding how to get the proper palette to show up.

Any help out there from those who still use ACA daily?

Thanks In advance.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Sounds to me like you are running AutoCAD Architecture in AutoCAD Mode.  Have you looked at the properties of your shortcut icon?  The target should look something like this.  

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)" /product "ACA" /language "en-US"

In 2013 they merged all the verticals to use the same acad.exe core so you if you had verticals installed and the base autocad it wouldn't install duplicate files.  Now they are considered "addons" and must be invoked properly in the shortcut.  When installing ACA it should have installed all of the shortcuts for you and it is possible that you are just clicking on the wrong one or inadvertantly deleted the others.

Message 3 of 3
VWD-MLM
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I ended up Reinstalling it, and now things are as they should be..........must've been something in the initial install all wokie.

Thanks.

MIke

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost