AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Objects Explode - Multiple copies of Xrefs are binded

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
biju_KK
743 Views, 4 Replies

AEC Objects Explode - Multiple copies of Xrefs are binded

I am trying to e-transmit a project done in ACA2010 but I am getting all the binded files have multiple copies of xrefs. I.e. if I have xrefed General Arrangement plan to a detailed layout and I have 3 no's layouts / vports then after aec explode there will be 3 no's General Arrangement plan blocks one over the other.

Have anybody come across this issue ? Is there any solutions? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: biju_KK

In order to allow each viewport to show unique graphics for AEC objects (each one could have a different Display Configuration/view direction chosen), when you Export to AutoCAD (AEC Object Explode), a separate Model Space block is created for each viewport.  This remains true even if multiple viewports have the same Display Configuration/view direction and the same layer settings.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
biju_KK
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Then in that case it should happen when we do  exporting to Autocad from the AutoCAD pulldown menu -> Export -> AutoCAD, but this way it works fine. In my case this only when i use e-transmit to bind & AECexlode. 

Message 4 of 5
Hugh_Compton
in reply to: biju_KK

Try exporting to AutoCAD when you are in modelspace.  This way only one modelspace block is produced and you will eliminate the unwanted extra blocks.

---------------------------------------

3D AutoCAD Pipework - http://www.HerculeDesign.com/

Message 5 of 5
biju_KK
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

Thanks Hugh,

Yes it works, but is there any way to change all the drawings to model space prior to exporting then save it back to paper space ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost