AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC Enable

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1759 Views, 7 Replies

AEC Enable

We have AutoCAD Architecture 2011. By default, our profile does not load the AEC commands. I am looking for a way to enable them in session. Short of this I am looking for what controls them.

We have a custom CUI that loads, it was created from the default AutoCAD one. If I switch to the AutoCAD Architecture profile while in AutoCAD the AEC commands do not become active. If I launch AutoCAD from a shortcut that specifies AutoCAD Architecture profile then the AEC commands do load. I have tried loading the AECARCHXOE cui as a partial CUI in our custom CUI but that does not load the ARC commands (either in session or as a new session)

So my primary question is what controls weather the AEC commands load?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever find an answer to your question?

I have the same situation. I'm not really needing or wanting the AEC content but I also no longer have automatic access to the Content Browser which is a big help in developing and organizing my tool palettes. Instead to access Content Browser I launch CAD via the default desktop shortcuts (metric or imperial), then switch the profile to my custom profile and then enter "contentbrowser" on the command line.

It would be nice to know how to load/unload AEC content and capabilities.

Message 3 of 8
pendean

OPTIONS command>PROFILES tab, what is listed?

Under your Windows User Profile>AppData>Roaming>Autodesk>ACAwhatever you have>Support>Profiles folder, do you have anything listed? There should be more than one folder, each containing a PROFILE.AWS file.

Can you use Windows search to look for PROFILE.AWS files on your PC (ensure it is set to search hidden folders)?

Reinstall Architecture if you have no ARCH profile, you probably deleted it and the required startup: the default Profile is AEC, if you go to Custom installation you can check a box to only load the "As AutoCAD" profile. You can then use either as a base for a new profile, but there is no turning on-off AEC, you bought and are using AutoCAD Architecture after all.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

In Options, Profiles tab:

AutoCAD

AutoCAD <default>

AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)

AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) <default>

AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric)

AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric) <default>

and my custom profile

in C:\Users......Support\Profiles:

a folder for each profile listed above plus ProjectCatalogs, ProjectProfiles, Unnamed Profile and a FixedProfile.aws

As mentioned, I have the default icon shortcuts that were placed on my desktop upon installation. Launching AutoCAD from those loads the AEC content and AEC tabs in the Options.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Perfect, so you have yours saved and named something bland/generic 🙂

>>>... then switch the profile to my custom profile and then enter "contentbrowser" on the command line...<<<

Why not save this profile outside of ACA, and use it to launch your preferred customized AutoCAD session: OPTIONS command>PROFILES Tab>select it and click on the EXPORT button and give it a more unique and meaningful name. Make a copy of one of the ACA startup routines, then right-click, Properties, and change the OOTB profile to the one you just created.

Remember to always export your profile after making any changes.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, that is another option to accessing the Content Browser.

I suppose the solution to spm5's primary question, and mine as well, is still unknown.

Thanks for your input.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Not sure it is "unknown", see attached.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

AecBase.dbx is also in my Target. It just does not load.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost