AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2014 Offline help Problem

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Dhrd
5900 Views, 10 Replies

ACA 2014 Offline help Problem

ACA 2014 Offline help

In AutoCAD Architecture 2014 I cannot open the offline help. I downloaded and installed the offline help file (AutoCAD_Architecture_Help_2014_English_Win_64_32bit_dlm0.sfx.exe). But, when I start ACA and click the ‘F1’ button, I get a ‘Help – File Not Found’ dialog box and it prompts me to update the location of the help files.

Does anyone know what the fix is or correct path?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philip.s
in reply to: Dhrd

Hi Don!

Can you please try the following steps and let me know if they resolve the issue (accept as a solution)?

1. Download the offline help

2. Install the help doc after download

3. Launch AutoCAD Architecture and go to the Options dialog -> System tab -> uncheck "Access online content when available"

4. Go to Files tab in Options dialog -> Help and Miscellaneous File Names -> Expand the node to see "Help Location" -> Put the location of your offline help.

For example, the default could be " C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD ACA 2014 Help\English\Help\index.html"

5. Click ok in Options dialog

Message 3 of 11
Dhrd

Yes, this worked after rebooting the computer.

Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 11
philip.s

You're most very welcome and thanks for following up!

Message 5 of 11
rfarah

I have downloaded AutoCAD 2014 offline help from AutoDesk site, put when trying to install , the installation starts then hangs on 20%. I have waited for around 1hour for the installation to progress, but nothing happened....it hangs...please advice. 

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Bad download perhaps?
Message 7 of 11
rfarah
in reply to: pendean

I downloaded the file 3 times, I let the IT guy download the same file (204.908MB) and We tried to install it,but unfortunately, we got the same error.

Message 8 of 11
pendean
in reply to: rfarah

Do you need to restart your PC yet?
Did you remember to turn off your anti-virus and all toher background running apps?
unplug from the network as a test.
Are you logged into Windows as full administrator?
Did you right-click on the download and 'run as administrator'?
Message 9 of 11
randy.gahol
in reply to: philip.s

I have the same problem with our AutoCad 2013 and 2014. I download and installed the offline help but still not working.

I already did the below instruction still not working.

1. Download the offline help

2. Install the help doc after download

3. Launch AutoCAD Architecture and go to the Options dialog -> System tab -> uncheck "Access online content when available"

4. Go to Files tab in Options dialog -> Help and Miscellaneous File Names -> Expand the node to see "Help Location" -> Put the location of your offline help.

For example, the default could be " C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD ACA 2014 Help\English\Help\index.html"

5. Click ok in Options dialog...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The offline window will open but if you will select the category it will direct you online.. Can anybody help me on this problem. All our engineers doesn't have internet connection only local connection.

Regards,

JM

Message 10 of 11
mikevh
in reply to: philip.s

I had the same problem and this handled it! Thanks
Message 11 of 11
sureshspr
in reply to: mikevh

yes, It's working .... thank you..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost