AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 - Elevation Bug?

52 REPLIES 52
SOLVED
Message 1 of 53
Hugh_Compton
5478 Views, 52 Replies

ACA 2013 - Elevation Bug?

I've attached a file with a 2D elevation.  The hidden lines are created as continuous lines.  This always worked fine in previous releases.  Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

52 REPLIES 52
Message 2 of 53
jan_panoch
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

I have exactly the same problem with ACA 2013.

Message 3 of 53
E-Lavoie

Same here !!

Message 4 of 53
julianagg

Yes.

Error with solids, walls...

AUTODESK... please...

Message 5 of 53
mikeshick
in reply to: julianagg

Hollly Cow...i have the same problem.  Nighmare as I now have to get a drawing out the door!

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 6 of 53
mikeshick
in reply to: mikeshick

Autodesk Support says they are aware...just go ahead with a manual manipulation until they work out a fix.  Are they out of their minds!!!  Really frustrating - vent vent vent!

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 7 of 53
Herman

I have the same problem Great to show clients.

How do we get a refund on our subscription. 

Well done autocad is this to help us move to Revit.

Message 8 of 53
mikeshick

I sent this letter to their feedback link.  (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794)

re CaseNo:07123605, Defect Tag No: 1458523

This case has been a huge setback for our company.  We just started with a new laptop, when Autodesk issued AutoCAD Architecture 2013.  We loaded 2013 and immediately spent two days in the field documenting an existing residence.  When we came back to the office to generate sections and elevations, we were blown away by the inability to generate acceptable elevations and sections.

We have been using Autodesk products since 1998.  I personally have been quite proactive with employers, colleagues, and now in my own firm with your upgrades and staying up-to-date with newest version of AutoCAD products.

We have been using AutoCAD Architecture for about 7 years, and have grown familiar with many of its tools.  Thus, when we were recently contacted by a new client, we were able to give him a proposal for service along with a very tight delivery date.

As a result of this failure in Architecture 2013, we have already doubled our hours working on this project and missed our schedule.  Furthermore, this will likely result in our forfeiture of at least some of our anticipated compensation, and a serious reduction in our overall revenue due to the increase work to mitigate this problem.  Even worse, this has caused a setback for scheduling other projects we have in line, and may result in our inability to contract for the grander part of this project that we have been as-builting.

Autodesk's failure to properly and adequately control the quality of their release has hit us hard, at a time when the economy is already in a dire condition and billable rates are at an all-time low for recent years.

What more can I say?  Lost income, lost client, lost opportunity.  After one week of open case, still no results.

And what small improvement could have avoided all this...the ability to save a 2013 drawing file with AEC Architecture objects back to 2012 so I could keep on moving.

I am exceedingly frustrated with this situation.

Call to discuss. 

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 9 of 53
croc49

Me too !!!

Is Autodesk going to announce when a fix is likely.

Not  a serious issue on residential, but a 12 storey building - editing linework - forget it.

You can use live viewports, but that generates a whole new setup for text in paperspace.

I'd rather wait in ACA2012.

If fixups are in the wind, how about the shademode defaulting to wireframe.

I spend many hours switching between model and layouts, only to always end up in wireframe at modelspace.

Have to manually SHA 2D every time I change or save drawing.

Need ability to default to @d shademode.

On a positive note, it's great to see the Xref / material bug fixed.

Seems we can Refedit again without the doors and windows going missing.

Message 10 of 53
jmcintyre

The 2 people they have left working on ACA development are probably under a lot of pressure to find and fix this. Smiley LOL

Having said that I've never used any acad based product in live production until the first service pack comes out. Historically I've heard of too many people like yourself who have been bitten by defective releases. You could try exporting to IFC then importing to 2012...good luck with that though.

Message 11 of 53

the same problem in the german version 😞

Please Hurry up with the fix!

---
A. Zimmermann
www.hausbau-planung.de
Message 12 of 53
AutoCADandMe

I'm surprised how the problem is taken so long to resolve. 

Message 13 of 53
jliston

post this over in the Yahoo financial information area. Usually gets more attention than here.

Message 14 of 53
Pengfei_Tian

Hi All,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

AutoCAD Architecture team are working on this change request, and we will release out hotfix as soon as possible.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Pengfei Tian

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 15 of 53

Thank you for the response from Autodesk and the reassurance from other users that it is a bug.

Message 16 of 53

I wonder, is released as a version with an error so basic as this? I mean, one of the main benefits of this program are not the elevations?

We need a date! We are having serious problems of schedule. 

And thanks to awell thought-out version, we can not go back to 2012 and conclude our work

Message 17 of 53
ntellery
in reply to: Pengfei_Tian

Thanks Pengfei Tian.

Please look into the problem that occurs of missing linework when merge materials is set on. Might even be related.  This issue has been there from the beginning.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 18 of 53
ntellery
in reply to: ntellery

Would also be great to be able to set as options Elevation object to 

-ignore text entities

-ignore 2d linework.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 19 of 53

when are they gonna fix this?! i'm late for an assignment in uni coz of this! and i'm sure hundreds of ppl who upgraded to this version are fiinding it difficult to explain to their clients why are they late on their datelines! this is lead to lawsuits as the software is a released version and not a beta..

dont mean to be rude but i have to redo all my aec items just coz my elevations dont show up properly.. might as well do them manually and not waste 1 minute modeling the building

>.<

Message 20 of 53

SAME PROBLEM HERE, THIS IS INEXCUSABLE!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost