AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013...CAN I GET MY CLASSIC WORKSPACE BACK?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MarkScanlon1981
7866 Views, 7 Replies

ACA 2013...CAN I GET MY CLASSIC WORKSPACE BACK?

I hate the RIBBON and desperately need my classic workspace back. I just upgraded from 2012 and it has no option to import previous settings and or select classic workspace. Has anyone heard of a solution or is it a lost cause and I have to deal with this god awful ribbon for the rest of my life working career!

P.S. I can use the RIBBON but it is sloppy, and to cluttered for my taste...any help at all pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
carouse2
in reply to: MarkScanlon1981

try menuload and then loading acad.cuix.  From there you should be able to make a custom menu...

Message 3 of 8
r.torres

RIBBONCLOSE command

Message 4 of 8

ACA (and other autocad verticals) do not support the classic workspace.

I don't have ACA13, but in ACA12 when switching to plain autocad, in the bottom right corner of the tray you can switch to the classic autocad menu by clicking on the "cog" and selecting "Autocad Clasic".

Message 5 of 8
carouse2

As I mentioned in the previous post.  I have used this to get the classic workspace back and it has worked fine for me.

A little tweaking is required to clean up some of the toolbars, but nothing too bad.  I did a ribbonclose and haven't used it since.  I have ACA2013 btw.

Message 6 of 8
dlipscombe
in reply to: carouse2

I have 2013 and I operate in classic the whole time, I migrated my settings from 2012 just to save the hassle of setting everything up again. At the extreme top of your screen on the left hand side there is a drop down menu that allows you to toggle between workspaces, drafting, 3d basics, 3d modelling and Autocad Classic or as mentioned in an earlier post the cog on the lower right hand side of your screen, be sure after you change to classic and arrange it how you like it to save settings else you will keep getting the default everytime you startup.

Message 7 of 8
tzioru

First, RIBBONCLOSE>ENTER

Then type OPTIONS, press Enter, then pick PROFILES....(far to the right). then click IMPORT. I attached a file here, ClassicAutoCAD.arg, save it to your computer (unzip file to use, extension should be .arg), then when you click IMPORT, pick the file, and then it will show it in your PROFILE list. Rename it as you like. Then SET CURRENT. You should be good to go !!!

Any Autocad Profile can be exported to a flash drive, and then imported to a different computer. You can export your profile from work computer, and import back to your personal computer. file will show as ".arg".

RIBBONCLOSE

1.OPTIONS>ENTER

2.PROFILES

3.IMPORT

4.PICK FILE THAT I ATTACHED FROM WHERE YOU SAVED IT

5.SET CURRENT

Message 8 of 8

Hey thanks..

That worked like a magic. a flash and i got the autocad classic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost