AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 BUGS & MORE BUGS !!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
cddrafting
3450 Views, 12 Replies

ACA 2013 BUGS & MORE BUGS !!

Fellow users can you assit please.

I have upgraded to ACA 2013 and I have had nothing but problems and I want to know if I am alone on this. I have uploaded AEC Section Display and Tag Scale Hotfix, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL19732905,

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 Service Pack 1,

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20556359,

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 & AutoCAD MEP 2013 Content Browser Migration Hotfix

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL18997867

ACA2013 was released and I have had it on the desk for some time and finally I got the nerve to load the upgrade. This I did in accordance with the instructions. The upgrade went well.

• Additional problems with my working files involved, the file will lose data while working in the file, the program will do strange things to the file like I would lose data while in layout tab within a viewport and the data would still be present in the model tab. I have lost printer setup files only to reopen the drawing and find these have returned.

I have lost layout tabs completely. I would reload another menu and they would return. I was speaking to another person comparing Autocads and his had the layout tabs and mine did not.

• I have zoom scaling problems within the layout viewport. I use to be able to zoom, scale, 1/20xp for 1:20 scale and it would not recognise the command.
  • I was informed via Autodesk to load the service pack Autocad_2013_sp1.14_64, this would not work then I was informed to load the service pack Autocad Architecture _2013_sp1_64 which it did successfully. Still had problems with ACA2013.
  •  have situations where the shell command will not work ie punch a hole within the object selected.
  • I have changed from the working model tab to layout tab and back to model tab only to have the view change for no reason ie it will go into (+)(custom view)(wire frame) without selecting it.
  • I have lost data, (part of the actual drawing) within my working drawing simply by using the boeleon subtract command.
  • I have situation when you use the push pull command and nothing happens and then you reopen ACA afresh and try it again and this time it will work.
  • I have email Autodesk in the US and it got alll TO HARD for them and they have abandoned me.

Am I having problems or what !!

Chris

Chris
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: cddrafting

That's quite an unusual set of system problems: system and OS details? Previous ACA version (and is it still installed)>

Message 3 of 13
cddrafting
in reply to: pendean

You wander why I am pissed off with Autodesk. It is very hard to be productive with this B*** S****, constant crashes, had one 1/2 hour ago.

System details

System Information report written at: 10/26/12 23:19:24

System Name: CHRIS-PC

[System Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name CHRIS-PC

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Proce

ssor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1003, 24/05/2010

SMBIOS Version 2.6

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale Australia

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name Chris-PC\Chris

Time Zone Cen. Australia Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 12.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 28.2 GB

Page File Space 16.0 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I have all licensed versions of Autocad ACA. I have ACAD V12 on the system but have not used it for some time. Kept it on until ACAv13 was up and running, this way at least I have a running back up if need be?

I have the version of Fusion V13 that came with ACA V13. I use load ACA via electronic version once and never again. When I encounter a bug at least with the disk it is recognised and will fix the problem, cannot do this with electronic version. I upgraded the computer for ACA v12 and on.

Chris
Message 4 of 13
pendean

Uninstall ACA2013 and Fusion and any other "goodies" you picked to install from the installation disk/file.

Restart your PC.

Use a quality Windows Registry cleaner to make your system healthy again: I like CCLEANER the freeware version.

Purge/empty your Windows Temp folder (if you got CCLEANER, it can do that too).

Turn of Win7's Aero theme: use the Windows Basic theme instead.

Install only ACA2013, you don't need any Fusion or anything else.

Authorize and run ACA2013: you will have exactly what I have on an almost identical Win7 Pro system, and I only crash occasionally (early last week I believe was the last time).

Message 5 of 13
ntellery

You are having problems!! It does sound like some heavy issues with the install and to me sound like there might be some problem with the machine.  Maybe check your memory as some of what you posted sound like stuff being lost in the nether.  But I guess you would say you haven't had problems before 13?  There are tools to check memory quality.

For me apart from old bugs that haven't been fixed like SkyFix, snapping to aecobjects etc.

When in paperspace and doing a print preview, you must be outside any viewports or you will get a blank.  If in a viewport, you may get a preview but scrolling will make it disappear. Doesn't always occur but often for me so not sure under what conditions.

The actual WYSIWYG no longer works in paperspace with certain conditions.  Adesk has my file on this and confirmed the problem.  No one else has complained of this so it must be my combination of settings. (same on 4 different machines using same settings).

From 12, using fields to show scale of a viewport only worked up to 1:200 and then it had problems. 

I think I may have had one of your issues occur "I have changed from the working model tab to layout tab......" once and I note that sometimes selection of a tab is ignored and you have to choose another and then come back.  

btw If I read right, to get the tabs to show up (no longer default) there is a small button visible along the bottom right - only visible IF tabs are hidden.  

So whilst I think you have specific machine / install problems, I concur that Adesk is not giving due attention to upgrades

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 6 of 13
cddrafting
in reply to: ntellery

Dean

You are telling me to reload remove the software and clean the registry etc. I do not agree with this for when I had V12 up and running I had a couple of minor issues and once these were sorted out I was all good.

Ever since I loaded v13 I have had nothing but problems. I am not convinced that it is my system that is causing the problems. I had the computer looked at by a GEEK and the system was tidied up and all was well and good. I only began to have the problems when I loaded V13. This is how I lost the data from v12 when migrating and the migrate commands corrupted the v12 software to the point where it would not function.

When I first loaded V13 and all these problems began occuring I was told to do what you said, so I uninstalled v13 cleaned the regitry as directed by Autodesk and then reloaded v13 but the problem did not go away, some of then did but not all.

For goodnes sake why release an upgrade and then have to follow through immediately with SP's and Hot Fixes.

Chris
Message 7 of 13
cddrafting

Come On AUTODESK

This is total BS. I have been sitting here with this ACAV13 and I create a 3d solid only to have the software tell me that I have not sellected any solids.

What rubbish is this.

I talk direct to your help desk and it gets to hard so you just leave me hanging.

Nice One.

Chris
Message 8 of 13
cddrafting

Autodesk

Did you receive all my automative crash logs for the 30/10/12.

There would have been about 6 wihtin a very short time frame.
Trying to do such a simplet task as zooming within a viewport and yet it crashed, or simply changing from layout to model tab and it crashed.

Where is my HOTFIX ?

Chris
Message 9 of 13
pendean

I don't have Fusion loaded. There seems to be a little history with Fusion causing others to crash constantly, and removing it seems to work for these folks.

I have everything else almost identical to you: match my setup, and if you still crash, your problem may be way beyond anything Autodesk can do for you remotely. if it doesn't, and I suspect it won't, install Fusion and watch to see if it crashes again.

Autodesk Supported Graphics Cards List and drivers may be what you need as well as changing hardware acceleration settings in ACA:
http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Message 10 of 13
cddrafting

Pendean

If I understand you comments are you suggesting that I uninstall Fushion and most of my problems should disappear. You mention your settings but did not provide them other than the link to the Graphic Card which I have already been through.

I was actually looking into using Fushion but if you think this may be the cause then I will uninstall.

Adesk suggested I start up in Safe Mode so I tried this and the ACA v13 softwar will not boot for it for is cannot find the "Softlock License Manager".

Chris
Message 11 of 13
cddrafting

Pendean

It made no difference weather fusion is installed or not. The system crashed regardless simply changing from layout tab to model tab.

Chris
Message 12 of 13
pendean

You need to start fresh first before giving up.

Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Uninstall: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252
Then get a quality Windows Registry Cleaner (I like the freeware CCLEANER) and clean up your system's temp items and clean up the Windows Registry. Run more than once until nothing is found 

Turn off ALL running background applications. ALL of them, no exception. Reinstall ACA.

Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

Leave all background running apps closed. Turn off Win7's Aero theme, and change hardware acceleration in ACA if needed. Find and install a tested video card driver from Autodesk if needed.

Message 13 of 13
cddrafting

The last time I did a registry clean or similar to what is being reccommended I had serious problems to the form where I had to reload the entire system due to it not working correctly thereafter.

The last indicident was when I tried to run ACA in diagnostic mode as recommended by Autodesk !

It killed the machine to the point where I could not operate until I had to pay someone to come and fix the problem.

Very reluctant to do so due to past incidents.

I find Autodesk to be one minded they only consider its CAD software with no regards for what else is on the computer. After all its not there down time or costs.

Surely I am not the only one experiencing these problems from what I have read. Why don't they just get off their arses and fix the problems.

Don;t mean to be crude but I am sick of this. Especially when people like this don't give a ****.

I was dealing with Autodesk in the US directly via email and it even got to hard for him so he pissed off and left me standing on my own.

Without the sytem working I don't get paid.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost