AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2012 crash with empty error message on exit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andreas.pettersson
668 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 2012 crash with empty error message on exit

When a user closes ACA 2012 (sp2)he gets an empty crash message. Anyone recognize it and have a solution? 

We are running win7 64bit.

ACA_empty_dialog_crash.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This isn't a crash technically... You are already closing your AutoCAD Vertical session when this comes up. From a few threads that I have read, basically your session is holding onto an AEC module during the exit process, and the session isn't releasing it properly as it closes.

This is a very harmless error. Some have claimed that it is due to installing 2013. I disagree since I get the error and have never installed 2013! Some have reported that a repair of 2012 pruducts fixes the error. Again not my experience.

Here are some of the threads...

DON"T LOAD 2013

Best Error Message Ever

Unknown error on Shutdown

C3D2012 is giving me the silent treatment

The last thread gives what I think is the best plausible reason for the error, see Peter Funk's reply no 11. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 3

Thanx i will look at the links you provided 🙂

I too have never installed 2013, havnt tried repair yet, that seldom works imho, uninstall and reinstall often works better with strange errors!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost