AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2012 - Converting 3D to 2D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GRandall
4715 Views, 5 Replies

ACA 2012 - Converting 3D to 2D

I have a number of drawings of our facilities that have been added to and revised over the years prior to having an established standard. Most of the drawings are in 2d (lines, hatches, etc.) but portions of the the newer projects were done partially in ADT/ACA (walls, doors, windows, etc.). I need to strip out the 3D information and convert to 2D for an application we will be using. Is there an easy way to do this?

I have done the Save As, Export to, and AECOBJECTEXPLODE routes but all leave 3d faces that can't be exploded any furher. I don't wan't want to use hidden line projection as that creates a very large drawing as all hatches are converted to individual lines.

What is the solution?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: GRandall

EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command on the original ADT/ACA files to create 2D "autocad" files may be all you need.

Message 3 of 6
GRandall
in reply to: pendean

That doesn't do it. The walls or what were the walls are now 3d faces, 6 per wall segment. This is exactly the same behavior as the other methods.

Message 4 of 6
John.W.Mumaw

It sounds like you're executing the command while in a 3d view.  Try it from a plan view.  While in plan view there will still be a few aec entity types that will be 3d but most will be 2d and will remain that way when converted including walls, windows, doors, etc.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 5 of 6
jliston

use the display reps and set them all ACA objects to plan view. That way everything will be in a 2D format. Then use the export to acad. You should have a fairly clean 2D drawing then. HTH

Joe

Message 6 of 6
GRandall
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Thank you all. The plan view did it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost