AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2011 Block selection slow

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sgrinavi
2200 Views, 6 Replies

ACA 2011 Block selection slow

Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem with ACA2011

Selecting blocks is very slow, I click on any block (or select it in a window) and there is a 5 (or so) second pause.  However, I can then select some random number of blocks and other objects (5 to 20?) without issue only for the delay to return at some point.

I have done some searching around and have turned off

Layer Pallets
Dynamic input
3d object snap
Dynamic input
Lineweights
Transparancy
Selection Cycling

I also ignore hatch objects

Interestingly enough it does not seem to matter how large or small the drawing is, It acts the same way even if the only object in the drawing is a single block.

My system

ACA 2011 x64 with the SP applied
Windows 7x64
Dell M4500, 8 GB RAM, I7820QM, 64 GB SSD, 500 GB 7200 RPM drive, Quadro FX 880 M video card.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sgrinavi
in reply to: sgrinavi

EDIT: Just noticed that I have a similar lag issue with XREFS

Message 3 of 7
rakaev

any comments?

People? Please somebody can answer?

Message 4 of 7
sgrinavi
in reply to: rakaev

I ended up upgrading to 2012... it went away

Message 5 of 7
rakaev

I have 2012 mechanical and have the same issue. I wait a few second to select the block.

People please answer what to do!!!!

Regards,

Ruslan

Message 6 of 7
trevorcochran
in reply to: rakaev

I have this same problem (ACAD 2011), extremely aggravating. However, I have found if I invoke a command before selection a block, there is no delay, but when selecting a single block with no command envoked there is a delay. I have this problem everyday during works hours (pipe is full), howevery when I am the only one working (pipe is wide open) there is never a delay, strange. I don't believe such an issue could be caused by hardware, but I am looking for any answer I can get.

Message 7 of 7
steven1133139

If you are trying to select a block which have multiple attributes and you have the property tab open at the same time this could cause your drawing to slow down and load as it is reading the information from a block and then displaying the information you have selected in the property tab. try closing the property tab. Hope this solves some of the issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost