AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2009, Vista 64-bit, and Word 2007 OLE editing bug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jford
252 Views, 3 Replies

ACA 2009, Vista 64-bit, and Word 2007 OLE editing bug

I'm having trouble with Word 2007 embedded OLE objects and wonder if anyone has experienced this issue or found a work-around. Word opens and saves edits back to the drawing, however Word locks-up when trying to close. Example file attached.

Editing of embedded Excel 2007 OLE works well on the other hand.

Running on ACA 2009, Vista 64-bit, and Word 2007 OLE.

My guess is that ACA is playing nicely but Word is not!

Thanks,
Jeff
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jford

We are having the same problems using Word 2007 with AutoCAD 2005, MEP2009, and ACA2009. We are running WindowsXP SP3 32Bit, so it is safe to bet that it isn't an opperating system or and AutoCAD version issue.
Message 3 of 4
jford

I found that "Word Template" objects behave properly where "Word Document" objects do not. But it has to be a new OLE object that is then "converted" to Word:

1. Open the document in Word.
2. In ACA, insert OLE object, create new, and choose Word document. Cut and paste from the original document to this one.
3. The OLE object will update in ACA, but Word will lock-up (of course). End Word application from task manager.
4. In ACA, highlight the object and choose OLE-> convert from the shortcut menu. Convert document to a Word template.
5. For me, Word closed gracefully after editing "Word Templates"

Good luck! And by the way, has anyone tried Open Office OLE objects?

Jeff

Edited by: Jeff Ford on Apr 1, 2009 7:55 AM Edited by: Jeff Ford on Apr 1, 2009 8:35 AM
Message 4 of 4
jford

... nevermind, the above avoids crashes but at a certain point changes to documents are no longer saved. I downgraded to Word 2003. Edited by: Jeff Ford on Apr 8, 2009 7:11 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost