AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AC3D 2012 - LAYOUT ZOOM EXTENTS DOES NOT SAVE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADSlave1989
441 Views, 2 Replies

AC3D 2012 - LAYOUT ZOOM EXTENTS DOES NOT SAVE

Before saving and closing a  drawing file we do a zoom extents for the benefit of having a full preview of the drawing; however, upon reopening the drawing the layout view is shifted.  Is there a fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: CADSlave1989

If you use the RIBBON (you are in this forum, so you don't have a choice then), there is no fix: when the RIBBON loads it bumps the drawing area. No fix, nature of the RIBBON loading through 2013 so far.

Message 3 of 3
CADSlave1989
in reply to: pendean

You are correct. I have found this to be the case. Until Autodesk issues a fix this is what I am doing: Prior to SAVING and CLOSING the drawing, I cycle through the ribbon types to "Minimize to Tabs" to reduce the amount of screen space the ribbon consumes. At this point do not pick any of the menus to open the icons or you'll have to cycle through the ribbon types again. Next, ZOOM EXTENTS the layout view, SAVE, and CLOSE. When I OPEN the drawing again the view is close to being the same as when the drawing was closed. I can at least see the whole layout in the preview.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost