AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party utilities for editing property data...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
CV438
856 Views, 12 Replies

3rd party utilities for editing property data...

We're moving from ADT2006 to ACA2012.  I downloaded a couple of very useful VBA routines for ADT2006 by somebody I don't recall.  "PropertySetDataTools".  It had routines to:

• Schedule Data- Increment: globally increment numeric schedule data values , i.e. +1 or -1.  The beauty of this routine was that if you deleted a door, you then had a "missing" door number in your schedule at that point.  You could pick the next door, say it was 215, and tell it to add "-1".  It would then find all doors that were 215 or greater, then add "-1" to the increment value.  It also worked by adding numbers so you could slip doors into the middle of the schedule.
  • Schedule Data- Match: match another object's schedule data values                 (allows you to select specific property data values, not just match every value) 
  • Schedule Data- Select By: select all entities containing a particular value.  A great way to find all doors with a "Finish" that contained "Paint".
  • Schedule Data- Replace: find and replace schedule data values.

Anybody know if these kind of routines exist somewhere?  The AutoDesk routine "Renumber Data" is of limited usefulness and pretty klunky.  I am surprised that after this many years of ADT/ACA that they have never included these routines into the base program.

Thanks, Craig

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Hugh_Compton
in reply to: CV438

Although not exactly what you are looking for the following program might prove useful:

ACA Quantifying & Item Numbering - http://www.3dcadmax.com/Schedule-ACA.htm

The program allows you to do the following:

> Add together dimensions taken from AEC objects that have the same style (i.e. Structural Members with the same styles can have their lengths added together)

> You can take DWG data from both Property Set Definitions & AEC Object Dimensions and combine them into one single table

> Puts Item Numbering on objects that have been selected for scheduling in just a few button clicks (these Item Numbers can be tagged using the ACA method)

> Individually add / remove items directly from final table

> Edit the table after it has been produced by simply clicking on the text to be changed

For your example of 'removing a door' you would simply run the program after the removal and all objects would be renumbered (or if you wanted to retain previous numbers simply tick the 'Retain previously Numbered' box).

Message 3 of 13
ntellery

I've downloaded it before but don't use it and can't remember where it came from.  You can't find it mentioned here?

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2006/08/adt-schedule-feature-resources.html

or might have come from JT perhaps?

http://blog.jtbworld.com/

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 4 of 13
CV438
in reply to: ntellery

Thanks, all.  As powerful as ScheduleData is, I am surprised at how difficult it is to work with.  There should be some tools that Autodesk supplies that allow for quick editing of data, i.e. Find/Replace or Add/Subtract manipulations.

It is no longer cost effective for me to program that kind of stuff myself.  At a bigger firm it may pay off, and in this economy I need to be billing as close to 100% as possible.

Message 5 of 13
David_W_Koch

Sounds like you are refering to the tools that Corey Layton had posted some time back.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Architecture-Content/Property-Set-Data-Tools/m-p/475742/highli...

I do not know that he has updated them for more recent releases.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 13
CV438
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks, I think Corey wrapped these tools into his AecBatchStylesEditor (www.cadaptation.com) but that web site is now defunct.

Oh well.

Message 7 of 13
jeff

Hey Craig,

I had a good understanding of MEP but I have been mainly been developing add-ins for 'vanilla'(plain) AutoCAD so I have not used or messed with AEC or MEP in a year or so.

This would be a good add-in to develop to get more into the AEC and MEP API which I have started to mess with

Just let me know a little more detail on what functionality needed and I will code something up and what you explained so far seems pretty simple.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 8 of 13
CV438
in reply to: jeff

Jeff, let me know if you are still interested in creating a routine like this.  I can get you details - let me know what you would charge.

Thanks, Craig

Message 9 of 13
jeff

$0.75 + $1.25 shipping and handling

Message 10 of 13
jeff

To be more specific yes I am still interested.

Message 11 of 13
jeff

Hey Craig,

Here is start and please add any input as it is needed

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39371.msg446258#msg446258

Message 12 of 13
CV438

Sorry, been swamped. 

Description:  The "increment" routine would prompt you to select a door, for example.  If it was door 126, it would filter through the property data to find any fields which were of the numeric type "increment".  If found, it would display a dialog allowing you to specify a numeric value to add to that original value (could be positive or negative).  It would then add that new value to the original value - starting at door 126 and proceeding through all other doors with a value greater than 126.

Example:  I just deleted doors 121, 122, 123, 124, and 125.  Now I have a gap of door numbers between 120 and 126.   I would select door 126 and "increment" it by a value of "-5".  All doors above door 126 would be changed so that they "filled" that gap. 

I know that ACA has a 'renumber" routine built in, but it requires that you manually pick every door in order to renumber it.  This routine would be automated...

Craig

Fusch Architects

214-696-0152

Message 13 of 13
CV438

Jeff: just saw page 2 of this thread and found your post on the swamp.  That looks great.  I like the fact that it f inds "dupes" and "gaps" in the numbering for you.

I'll try getting it set up on my machine later today and give you my comments.  Thanks!

Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost