AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2d from camera view

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
por2gallo
2824 Views, 0 Replies

2d from camera view

I have quite a bit working experience with acad (current version acad+acad architectural+revit 2010) but I always encounter a certain problem which seems sheer unsolvable:
I generate nearly all my designs in 3d-solids with a few non-solid objects in the drawings, e. g. a few 2d-objects such as polylines and third party 3d-objects such as polyface meshes by manufacturers.
To get nice and fast impressions out of acad I usually set cameras and perform "flatshot". The resulting 2d dwg is furtheron processed in AdobeĀ“s CS 4 to create nice images quite quickly.

Part 1:
If "flatshot" ist used from a camera view that ist places within a 3d-solids setup (e. g. a room in a house) it produces a rather inseparable mess of lines. However the merely mediocre workaround is to boole off everything behind the camera plane (This works but produces tons of data and consumes a lot of time since a separate drawing for every camera within a building has to be created and the clipping of everything behind the camera has to be carried out repeatedly). Last not least all objects in the scene out of the cameras field of view turn up in the "flatshot" drawing - but this is solvable by simply drawing a frame and cropping.

Part 2:
If there is any non-3d-solid data in the drawing it is lost after "flatshot". The sample chair is one of those regular manufacturer mesh objects on which I spent hours converting in into a solid (e. g. with "thicken", m2s.lsp, f2s.lsp), yet unsuccessfully.

Part 3:
If I try to print my camera view I either get messy vector data via "shade plot - wireframe" and "shade plot - 3d wireframe" including all hidden lines or just poor quality pixel output using the other shading options.

Conclusion:
What I need is 2d vector data (eps, vector pdf, svg, dwg, dxf) with separate or no hidden lines from my camera view for further processing. I am not especially keen on necessarily generating a 2d dwg.

Note:
Please do not consider advising the following: screenshot from camera view (that is not an even mediocre solution), "solprof", "solview", "flatten" (all does not work with camera view), third-party products which are not freeware or at least shareware with a free trial period - e. g. "just do it in rhino" (neither am I a fan of sofware piracy nor do I have the budget to buy yet another major cad system)

Help is desperately appreciated,
thanks ahead,

A. Jensen

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost